- Call Google 411
- Google Earth
- Huffington Post
- AP Mobile
- Heads Tails
- Free Wi-Fi
- Movies - Flixster
- LDAP Directory
- Air Sharing
- The Weather Channel
- CNN Money
- AppBox Pro
- Time Mobile
- C-SPAN Radio
- Spending Lite
- Alarm Clock
- Dragon Diction
- Washington Post
- Spinal Tap
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Below are the Contest Details from the MTConnect site. After you read the contest details you can click through to the MTConnect student competition site with lots and lots of details that can get you started!
Use MTConnect to develop and report on a novel application for intercommunication between manufacturing systems, machine tools, devices, sensors, software and have a chance to win a grand prize of a trip for your and your team to attend the EMO Fair in Milan, Italy, October, 2009 and display your work to the international manufacturing community.
1. Go to MTConnect.org, and become a member of MTConnectSM community (free) by following the login procedure.
2. Go to the student competition area of the website for competition and entry procedures. Sign in and download information/resources including:
· MTConnectSM Draft Standard (0.9.11) (Final),
· MTConnectSM Simple Client Application,
· XML Schema,
· MTConnectSM White Paper and
· watch the Student Competition Video at YouTube (follow link) to get familiar with MTConnect.
Sample project applications are also available on the MTConnectSM Student Competition Website.
3. Develop a cool MTConnectSM application for manufacturing using MTConnectSM.
4. Write a report documenting the details of your application (motivation, approach/procedure, results, future potential, etc.) of your application and send it in. See Judging Criteria below.
5. Do it before May 15, 2009. (See details below about concept paper submission by March 13th, 2009 – approved concepts will be able to submit a final competition entry).
6. Winners will be announced on June 1, 2009.
7. Winning entry team members will be invited to EMO Milano 2009 in Milan, Italy October 2009 to display their project at the MTConnectSM Booth.CLICK on this link to learn more about this GREAT Student Competition for MTConnect with the winner going to EMO Milano 2009!