- graduated #3 from Broad Run High School with a 4.33 GPA.
- started off VT with 38 college credits because of the number of Advanced Placement (AP) courses he took.
- is graduating today Summa Cum Laude in Computer Science with minors in math and business.
- received all A's except for a single A- his entire time at VT.
- was a Sun Microsystems Campus Ambassador - the first one ever at VT.
- was selected Campus Ambassador of the month for Sun Microsystems. This was a global selection among over 600 Sun Campus Ambassadors.
- worked on the Collegiate Times his first year.
- and his room mate, Gabe Martinez, rebuilt the Collegiate Times web site when it went down during the April 16th tragedy.
- went to Java One 2008 and met James Gosling and John Gage.
- was President of VT's Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) for two years.
- had his own blog Blogs.Sun.com as a Sun Campus Ambassador that was called The Ponderings of a Hokie
- as President, hosted many industry thought leaders at VT's ACM evening events.
- was asked to interview students and faculty during the April 16th period for the Collegiate Times.
- was recruited and worked for Microsoft in Seattle last summer working on the next version of Windows and specializing in security. It was a fantastic experience for him.
- is currently working on his Masters Degree in Computer Security at VT
- VT is a GREAT school that has become even better during some extremely difficult times in the past 3+ years
Friday, May 14, 2010
We could not be any prouder of my oldest son John who is graduating from VT today. John: