Just as a reminder, the OSI/R is a joint effort with AMT - The Association for Manufacturing Technology and Virtual Photons Electrons. The OSI/R will be a regularly scheduled (likely weekly) webcast interviewing thought leaders in manufacturing, the computer industry, science and technology.
The basic format of the OSI/R will be:
- The podcast will be an interview with thought leaders.
- The length will be 15 to 30 minutes depending on topic. Likely 30 minutes.
- This will be captured as an audio only interview using Skype.
- In other words, this will not have live video with the thought leader, but will be voice ONLY recording with graphics added after the fact.
- I could add video after the fact as well.
- I am going to use Skype on my MacBook Pro with AudioHijack Pro to record the OSI/R audio.
- The thought leader will use Skype as well.
- The format will be dedicated (90%) on a topic that educates folks.
- Tell me about yourself.
- What is topic we will be discussing today?
- Why is this topic important?
- Who should know about this topic?
- What are the business issues to be aware of?
- What are the technical issues to be aware of?
- How might this topic change over time?
- When and how should someone embrace this topic?
- Finally, tell me about your company or organization?
- The last 10% of the interview, the thought leader can take the time to talk discuss they want about anything they want related to their company's/agency's product's and/or services.
- The thought leader should send me some slides if they want that I will add to the podcast.
- The thought leader and I will work out the topic with a list of areas to discuss. This will be a combination Q&A and discussion.
- The OSI/R will be used for MTConnect, MTInsight and Office of Strategic Innovation purposes.
- The overall intent is to create a robust library of topics.
- One advantage will be that when someone asks a basic question, we can point them at a podcast/webinar which is typically much better than a white paper or an email.
- We can do this dirt cheap - which is important.
- Speakers do not need a lot of prep which is key.
- I can edit stuff after the interview.
- It should be fun and informative or why do it at all :-)
Below is the opening I will use for Office of Strategic Innovation Roundtable's webcasts:
Please contact me if you would like to participate. Stay tuned for more details.