I was thrilled to hear that Mazak is having a conference called: “MTConnect: Downstream Applications to Increase Productivity and Competitiveness” and led by Neil Desrosiers. Neil is the,Mazak applications engineer/developer and a real thought leader in manufacturing and in the MTConnect community, plus he is just a great guy. The announcement lists the following points as the main agenda for the Jan. 30 at 2 p.m. ET webinar:
• How MTConnect exists to set the standard communication method for retrieving data from manufacturing equipment,The site also states "All it takes to participate is a computer, an Internet connection and a web browser. Registration for the webinar is now open at www.mazakusa.com/webinar."
• How MTConnect works and what capabilities can be gained via the protocol,
• How Mazak makes it easy to implement the MTConnect standard,
• What an MTConnect-enabled facility looks like,
• Upcoming MTConnect advancements, including dynamic scheduling.