Let me expand on the golf analogy. I chose this sport because my parents live and die for golf. As a child, I would always look forward to going to the mailbox to get the postcards they would send from their exotic vacations they would take around the globe to try out different golf courses. When my sister and I were older, they allowed us to come along when we proved we could carry their bags for 18 holes. I have wonderful memories of being a 125 pound 12 year old carrying around an 80 pound golf bag for 18 holes in 105 degree heat, but I digress :-) Back to the golf analogy.
Below are the specifics of a PROPRIETARY PROTOCOL and following the golf analogy:
- With a proprietary protocol they do not own just THE MASTER Country Club, they own ALL of golf.
- The first step is that You have to PAY to join THE MASTER PROPRIETARY Protocol Country Club
- You Pay Each Time You Play, WHEREVER AND WHENEVER YOU PLAY!
- It does not matter if you want to invest your own money to build your own Country Club or public golf course, you STILL HAVE TO PAY THE MASTER PROPRIETARY Protocol Country Club for the right to build a golf course and the MASTER Country Club determines the fees you must charge each golfer.
- The MASTER PROPRIETARY proprietary protocol controls all aspects of the game, the country clubs, public golf courses, design of golf clubs, who can teach golf, etc....
Let's look at the difference at the MTConnect OPEN and ROYALTY FREE Golf Club:
- It is FREE to join the MTConnect OPEN and ROYALTY FREE Golf Club.
- You are free to play golf anywhere and at any time and there is NO FEE back to OPEN and ROYALTY Free Golf Club.
- There are rules that are freely available for anyone to read and follow to make sure that the game of golf is consistent. For example, you can not hit a golf ball with a baseball bat instead of a golf club.
- There is no FEE back to the MTConnect OPEN and ROYALTY Free Golf Club if you want to create your own golf course, your own golf clubs, golf bags, golf balls, etc.
- There are agreed upon rules that are widely available so that golf balls are not self-powered for example :-)
- If you create and build your own golf course, clubs, balls, etc., you are free to charge or not charge whatever you like.