- First, SOA IS NOT A PRODUCT
- SOA is a common sense approach that is both time and road/track tested software development style for building applications using services available in a network (think Sun Microsystems “The Network is the Computer”)
- These software services are relatively large-grained:
(like: Fraud Detection, Address Change, Payment Management, Trade Execution)
- Implementations are shielded by a public interfaces aka services
- The change to an underlying implementation, should not change the existing interface.
- Services form building blocks of SOA applications
- Applications that use these services are called Composite Applications