Thursday, June 26, 2014
Below is MTInsight Group that I had the privilege of working with at AMT - The Association For Manufacturing the past 4 1/2 years. Everyone was able to be there for the photo except for Steve Fanning, President and CEO of Path To Progress. Yesterday was my last day at AMT and I received this photo, with everyone's signatures, in a very expensive frame.
The back row of AMT men, starting from the left, are Mark Kennedy, Asim Mukhtar, Daniel Tees, Kalesh Mahendrakar, Peter Eelman, me, Doug Woods, Ian Stringer, Steve Lesnewich and Pat McGibbon. The front row of AMT women, starting from the left, are Diyana Hrzic, Alka Parandekar, Lois Uthman, Julie Peppers and Kim Brown.
It was a fantastic group of very smart, extremely dedicated and passionate individuals that created the best customized manufacturing business intelligence platform on planet earth - MTInsight!
Posted by Photons and Electrons at 10:45 PM
I wrote this for the June 25, 2014 IMTS Insider.
For the last four years, I have had the privilege of writing articles for the IMTS Insider. It has been something that I always looked forward to each month and greatly enjoyed. As IMTS Insider readers know, articles come out once per month except as we get close to IMTS, then IMTS Insider is sent twice per month. What made my life exponentially easier was working with the great folks at AMT – The Association For Manufacturing Technology’s Communication Department. I would like to sincerely thank Bonnie Gurney for all of your tremendous support and great suggestions over the years. Very special thanks to Penny Brown, Mary Uhrina and Whitney Brown for their great editing of my articles and their priceless suggestions. Sincere thanks to Diyana Hrzic for all her very creative ideas, suggestions and support over the years as well.
I thought it would be interesting to list the 45 articles I wrote for the Insider to show the topics that were discussed.
- Cyber Security And Manufacturing
- Net Neutrality In a Nutshell
- Introducing OSI-Roundtable
- Why Lord Kelvin Would Love MTConnect
- Education Heaven Is A Playground
- History Of MTConnect
- IOT Internet Of Things
- If You're Not The Lead Dog
- Joel Neidig Manufacturing Thought Leader
- Just The Facts Ma’am
- Life Is Short Death Is Certain
- Life Long Learning
- Lighting Up Your Booth And Sales With IMTS-Lite
- Lightning Strikes Twice MTInsight IMTS-2014
- MC2-2013 Big Success In Cincinnati
- MTConnect Is Not An Application Or Middleware
- MTInsight IMTS-2012 The Killer App
- MTInsight IMTS 2014 App: The MUST Have App
- MTInsight Testing Award Winning Software
- Manufacturing Augmented Reality
- Manufacturing Authentication Authorization
- Manufacturing Business Intelligence
- Manufacturing Encryption
- Manufacturing Passwords
- Manufacturing’s Intranet Of Sensors
- Manufacturing Wealth – Net Neutrality
- Multitasking Paging And Swapping
- Open Systems For Open Minds
- Smartphones Will Be Looking At You
- Technology Tips For Grandparents
- Technology Tips For Your College Student
- The Beatles, Florence Italy and [MC]2
- The Myth Of Lean Manufacturing
- The Mythical Man Month
- The Network Is The Computer
- The One Thing To Do Before IMTS 2012
- The Smart Grid And MTConnect
- The Three Open Pillars Of MTConnect
- The Virtuous Software Circle
- Turners Five Laws Of Manufacturing
- Who Watches The Watchmen
- Winning The Application Platform
- Write Once Run Anywhere
- Winning the Application Platform
- Your Manufacturing Check Engine Light Is On
I also must thank Peter Eelman and Doug Woods. I would not be at AMT if not for Peter and Doug. Peter mentioned to Doug that I was leaving Sun Microsystems to take a year off. I met with Doug for lunch in early 2010 and he convinced me to push off my sabbatical and to come consult at AMT. That was one of the best decisions that I have ever made.
I came on board after creating my own company, Virtual Photons Electrons, to help AMT out with what would later become MTInsight, MTConnect and future technologies. I was President and Chairman of the Board of the MTConnect Institute from May 2010 to the end of 2013, created the [MC]2 MTConnect: Connecting Manufacturing Conference, wrote a book, MTConnect: To Measure Is To Know, that I gave away to [MC]2 2013 attendees and worked with a lot of great companies and individuals over the years to evangelize and grow the MTConnect community. As you can see from my list of articles, I wrote a number of articles on MTConnect over the years.
Peter and Bonnie gave me this opportunity to be able to write for the IMTS Insider and I am forever grateful. I have known Peter since 1997. We were next-door neighbors for over fifteen years and became great friends. Peter, thank you for all of your support and friendship over the many years!
I would like to thank all the great folks at AMT. AMT is the best association on planet earth and second place is a very distant second.
Finally, I would like to offer my deep and sincere thanks to the readers of the IMTS Insider and especially those who dropped me notes over the years either thanking me or requesting articles on a given topic. Thank you!
For those who want to stay in touch, I can be found at my blog, PhotonsAndElectrons.org, or at my own company, VirtualPhotonsElectrons.com
Posted by Photons and Electrons at 9:49 PM