- This is for friends and family who want the easy and scenic way to get to Corvettes at Carlisle each year. This starts from my house since this is a usual meeting point. It is easier to point someone at my blog, then to have to mail out or print driving instructions.
- Take Route 15 North in Leesburg to Route 94
- It gets tricky when you get into Frederick and you need to STAY on Route 15 NORTH
- There are TWO exits you have the choice of to stay on Route 15 NORTH when you get into Frederick.
- The FIRST Route 15 North exit is on the RIGHT and is in a right hand lane that has a divided lane that is confusing because it has confusing signs on 270 and 15 North
- The SECOND exit is the one to take and it is ON THE LEFT JUST AFTER, maybe 50 yards, after the first Route 15 NORTH exit
- SO, WHEN YOU SEE THE ROUTE 15 NORTH SIGNS, GET IN THE LEFT LANE AND TAKE THE SECOND ROUTE 15 NORTH EXIT
- You will stay on 15 NORTH 83.6 miles from Ashburn until you get to the York Springs Route 94 North Exit
- Route 94 North will take you through York Springs and a few smaller towns for 16.1 miles
- You will go directly into Carlisle
- You will go below Route 81
- You will now be on Route 34 and will take a SLIGHT LEFT at the 99.7 mile mark where there will be a gas station on your left and near some railroad tracks
- You will go about ¾ of a mile and then take a right go directly into one of the first gates.
- You will likely have to follow the Carlisle Parking Attendants and park where they tell you to. If you CAN, it is best to take a quick right into the area near the swap meet area since that is in the shade and the best and easiest way to get in/out of the Fairgrounds.
Sunday, August 29, 2010
On the map below, remember to use the zoom feature and street details for more specifics.
Posted by Photons and Electrons at 9:59 AM