Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tesla's New "Ludicrous Mode" 0 to 60 in 2.8 Seconds


I read Ashlee Vance's book on Elon Musk, I have visited SpaceX and I test drove a Tesla Model S P85 a few years ago.  I am a big Elon Musk fan.  This new option of "Ludicrous Mode" 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds is absolutely amazing!

Below is snippet from an article by the Washington Post's Brian Fung:

"You may have heard about Tesla's "insane mode," which accelerates a sedan from 0 to 60 mph in a mindboggling 3.2 seconds. But Tesla is already moving ahead with something even better: A "ludicrous mode" that sends you from 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds.
 
Shaving off half a second may not sound like much. But the $10,000 option on the Model S shows off some of the advances in battery technology that Tesla is building into its newer cars. Under ludicrous speed, said Musk, the car will accelerate at 1.1 times the force of gravity.

"It's faster than falling," said Musk."

After I buy my 2016 Corvette Stingray in a couple of weeks, a fully loaded Tesla might have to replace my Nissan Quest :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment