Tuesday, June 2, 2009

May 4th 1987 was when I started at Sun Microsystems

Back in my college days in the mid to late 1970's, we were all told that if you stayed at the same company for more than three years that you were killing your career. As the old adage goes, "it is better to be lucky than good" and I have been very lucky to be at Sun.

There are too many people to thank over the years. But, if I had to pick two, it would be Betsy (Maclean) Ferry who hired me and Neil Groundwater who has been my mentor over the years. Neil is the first user of Unix outside of the state of New Jersey and a certified Unix god. He is a retired multi-millionaire who does what he want when he wants these days.

Below is my first Sun t-shirt that I received on my first day of work. Still wear it :-)




Below is the wall in my office with seven Sunrise Plaques as the highlight.

Below is Scott McNealy's signature on my Sun 1982 to 1992 Ten Year Anniversary book. I may have prompted Scott on how I wanted him to sign this, I can't remember :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment