Thursday, June 2, 2011

110 Miles With Steve Wozniak

On a normal Saturday, I ride my bike for 55 miles on the W & OD bike path and I bring my iTouch along to listen to audio books, podcasts or 1970s music. It took two Saturdays to listen to: 

iWoz: Computer Geek to Cult Icon: 

How I Invented the Personal Computer, Co-Founded Apple, and Had Fun Doing It

 I really enjoyed iWoz.  It is a real geek's book.  Any book that discusses in detail the challenges of writing a device driver, how registers are built and how to write a boot strap program is GREAT book in my mind :-)   I was listening to TWIT (This Week In Tech) when I heard the co-author of iWoz, Gina Smith, discuss the book and it sounded very interesting.   If you are a geek, you will love it.  If you are a Steve Jobs fanboy, you will come away with a different view of Steve Jobs.

Below is Stevew Wozniak's business card that Athulan showed me at Mori-Seiki Innovation Days.

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised I didn't see you on the trail - I spent many hours there when training for the marathon.

    I saw Wozniak speak at NAB last year and I met his wife in the bathroom. He is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Diyana. Look for an old dude on a hybrid wearing a Corvette, Dominion Brewer, Lost Rhino Brewery or Sun Microsystems bike shirts and it will be Dave Edstrom :-)

    ReplyDelete