Sunday, August 28, 2011

Best of Luck Steve Jobs

Hopefully, Steve Jobs health will turn around for the better.

I had the great fortune to hear Steve Jobs speak on few occasions while at Sun Microsystems.  I remember when he told the story about walking through Xerox PARC and seeing the first window system graphical user interface and a mouse.
Steve said, "all of you would have realized that this was the future of computing and did the same thing I did."  I remember saying to the person next to me, "no we wouldn't, we're not Steve Jobs".  The one thing that is true, is that Steve Jobs has a a reality distortion field around him when he spoke.  He is without peer when it comes to talking technology in a clear, concise and compelling way. 

Below is my favorite commencement address of all time by Steve Jobs at Stanford.




No comments:

Post a Comment