Saturday, January 5, 2013

God Bless AnnMarie Edstrom Getting


My Aunt AnnMarie passed away suddenly on December 31, 2012.  She was a GREAT Aunt and very, very funny.  I have nothing but great memories of AnnMarie.  My parents flew back yesterday morning for the services. 


Below is the Edstrom family farm were AnnMarie and all of her brothers were born:


My sister tells a great story to AnnMarie's two sons - Daniel and Tom - in the paragraph below:

    "I have such wonderful memories of your mom.  One summer when I was a little girl and we were home, I walked into Grandma's kitchen and your mom said, "Well then what's your name?" and I said, "You know."  She said that was a funny name but called me "You Know" from then on.  As a little girl I would just giggle and as an adult it always made me feel very special.  She was a kind and loving woman with a great sense of humor!"

As stated on the Lundberg Funeral Home site:

"She is survived by husband Richard of Northfield; son Thomas (wife Tami) of Kenyon and their children, Paige and Grace; son Daniel (wife Roseanney Liu) of Redondo Beach, CA and their children, Morgan and Jackson; brothers John of Burke, VA and his family, LuVerne of Northfield and his family, Merle of Cannon Falls and his family, Gene of Luverne, MN and his family; and lifelong friend Betty Taubman of Northfield and family; and extended family members throughout Minnesota.

AnnMarie was born January 11, 1945 on the family farm between Randolph and Cannon Falls to Kenneth and Dorothy Edstrom. She will be deeply missed.

Friends and family are invited to the memorial service to be held at Lundberg Funeral Home in Cannon Falls, MN starting at 1:00 PM on Friday, January 4, with visitation amongst close family and friends from Noon to 1 PM."

No comments:

Post a Comment